Thursday, February 3, 2011

Scratch Name game

For the past few days I have been playing working with a program call Scratch. Is a program out of MIT that allows you to create and share projects that you have created. I have to say I think I am hooked. Once I started to go though the beginner tutorial it was clear that this could be a lot of fun. I have done some work like this with Lego Robotics, but I think this is even easier and you get results much faster. I spent about two hours yesterday creating a name game, simply making each letter in my name do something different, and today I planned on putting the finishing touches on it and post it. Well I ran into a snag, as engaged as I was I forgot to save my fist Scratch game. Oh well lesson learned. Here is what I created the second time around, one thing I did learn on the first try was I created a sprite of my full name and then added the individual letters over top of the full name. That way I was able to keep the letters in line.

Let me know what you think.

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/tuckwood/1575008

Oh and there are a few controls:
Left, Right, Up and down arrows
The 'b' and the Space Bar
The mouse

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Interesting game....The lesson of "forgot to save" is such a classic one, been there, done that :)

    Q.

    ReplyDelete